Banana Oat Toddler Muffins
Make these full sized for Mom and Dad, or in mini muffin tins for the little one!
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1 cup banana puree
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 2 24-cup minimuffin tins well and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, egg, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine well. In a large bowl, add the soda, salt, cinnamon, flour, and oats. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix here.
Divide the batter among the minimuffin cup (about a tablespoon per cup). Sprinkle with additional oats. Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove and allow them to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Source (Oops I lost the source... thank you anonymous internet baker!)
- You can change out the puree for pumpkin or another fruit puree.
- If you want to make these vegan, try these egg substitutes.
- replace the 2 eggs with 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- Since coconut oil isn't super healthy for you, you can replace it with a similar amount of melted butter.
- I've also replaced the maple syrup with sucanat, to hopefully reduce the sugar just a bit.