Thai Style Stir-Fried Noodles with Chicken and Brocollini (Pad Se Ew)
from Cook's Illustrated. Their favorite brand of rice noodles are from A Taste of Thai, the straight cut noodles. For proper char, don't stir the noodles as they fry.
2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut against the grain into 1/4" thick strips
8 ounces wide (1/4") rice noodles
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon fish sauce
3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
3 large eggs, lightly scrambled
10 ounces broccolini, florets cut into 1" pieces, stalks cut on the bias into 1/2" pieces
1. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Place the noodles in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over the noodles. Stir, then soak until noodles are almost tender, about 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and toss with 2 teaspoons oil.
2. Whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, molasses and fish sauce and set aside.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil and garlic slices in a nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is deep golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken and 2 tablespoons sauce mixture, toss to coat, and spread the chicken in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, until chicken begins to brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Using tongs, flip chicken and cook without stirring until second side begins to brown. Push chicken to one side of the pan. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the cleared side. Add eggs to clearing. Let set and then stir gently with spatula, breaking into large curds. Stir into chicken and continue to cook until eggs are fully set. Transfer chicken and egg mixture to a bowl.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in the now empty skillet until smoking. Add broccolini and 2 tablespoons sauce and toss to coat. Cover skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Remove lid and continue to cook until broccolini is crisp and very brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Transfer broccolini to bowl with chicken and egg.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in now empty skillet until smoking. Add half of the noodles and 2 tablespoons sauce and toss to coat. Cook until noodles are starting to brown in spots, about 2 minutes, stirring once about halfway through cooking. Transfer noodles to bowl. Repeat with remaining noodles and sauce. Add back the contents of the bowl to skillet and toss to combine. Cook without stirring until everything is warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve immediately.
From Cook's Illustrated; You can also use regular broccoli in place of broccollini.