Heartier than "normal" dinner salad, this salad is easily filling enough for a meal.
3 hearts of romaine
1/2 lb green beans
2 bell peppers
1/2 cup almond slivers
1. Chop and wash lettuce. Spin dry in a salad spinner and add to salad bowl.
2. Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water + 1". Set over medium high heat, covered. When the water comes to a boil, move pot off heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Drain off hot water and rinse several times in very cold water to stop cooking. Shake the pan a few times to crack shells, then fill again with cold water. Peel hard boiled eggs underwater and then slice into salad.
3. Trim the ends of the green beans and cut into 2" pieces. Heat a cup of water with a smidge of salt in a large skillet until boiling. Add green beans, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Drain green beans and add to salad.
4. Chop bell pepper and cucumber. Add to salad.
4. Toast almond slivers with a bit of oil in a skillet until toasted. Sprinkle over salad.
5. Serve with dressing on the side.